We all have many people who come and go in our lifetime, lovers, hater, friends, liars, relatives, etc. We are either benefited from, or harmed by or neutral towards each one when we are in their presence.
The first step is to recognize which of these people in our life inflict damage, internal or external when we are with them. We need to avoid negative people to keep our life meaningful with inner peace. By surrounding ourselves with positive people, we can live a happier healthier and abundant life.
TOXIC TYPE TO STAY AWAY FROM
1. They shift blame – These types refuse to be accountable for anything they do. They are always victims. They shift responsibility and blame onto other innocent victims to protect themselves.
2. Complainers – It sucks to constantly listen to a complainer, especially when you can’t get a word in edgewise. Complainers are seldom rational. Its best to listen, get clarification and don’t partake in a conversation with them.
3. Gossipers – Whether it is invited or initiated does not make a difference. “Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” (Socrates) People who gossip are usually insecure as it makes them feel better. They thrive off what someone else is going through and have no mind or empathy. They just don’t care how the gossip affects someone else’s life.
4. Only want self gain – these type of people are “Whats in it for me?” They are master manipulators and are narcissists people. They use others emotions to create a sense of guilt only to advance themselves.
Givers need to set limits because takers don’t.
5. Attention seekers – Attention seekers are usually amazingly persistent and very verbal. They enjoy and need the attention seeker the same way we teach a child not to create drama for attention. Ignore it!!
WHO ARE YOUR TOXIC PEOPLE ?