Our bodies contain hundreds of locations where there is concentrated and focused energy. The seven major energy centers are called the “CHAKRAS”. The chakras are located in our bodies and receive, transmit, and process our life energy. Each chakra has a focal point of life force relating to our physical, emotional, mental and spiritual energies.
The chakras are doorways for our consciousness through which emotional, mental and spiritual force flow into physical expression. Through these openings, our attitudes and belief systems enter into and create our body/mind structure.
The energy created from our emotions and mental attitudes runs through the chakras and is distributed into our cells, tissues, and organs. Realizing this also helps us understand how we affect our own bodies, minds, and circumstances for better or worse.
If you understand how the chakras work it can help you to make choices and decisions from a place of balance, awareness, instead of being blindly influenced by unknown forces we even understand.
The most powerful way to open, activate, energize and balance all our chakras and keep our bodies and minds healthy is to love ourselves and others unconditionally. Why? Because love is the greatest healer. It is the vitalizing, nourishing and sustaining electricity of life. It may sound difficult to achieve but believing its possible is the key to awaken the desire to move into that state of unconditional love.
Our entire mind/body system is the connecting link to all levels of consciousness. We need to open ourselves into an expression of love wisdom and power. Then we become whole and take hold of our personal responsibility to awaken the healing process. There are ways to activate your chakras. You can start by consciously expanding your expression of unconditional love, compassion, gratitude, forgiveness, and creativity. Live your life with honesty and integrity. Use vibrational power of sound, music. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables that are rich in corresponding colors of the chakras. Put clear quartz crystals in your water to restructure and activate consciousness. Use prayer, meditation, visualization, affirmations, yoga. Deep conscious breathing aligns the body, mind, and spirit. Use your imagination to create any reality you choose. Reality is what you dream it to be. As you breathe imagine and feel yourself inhaling and exhaling through a given chakra point to charge that chakra point with life force. Do all seven chakras.
The following is an explanation of the seven chakras ……
- ROOT CHAKRA – This chakra is located at the base of the spine and its color is red. Its function is to give vitality to the physical body, lifeforce survival, instincts, and self-preservation. The glands it affects are the adrenal, kidneys, spinal column, colon, legs, and bones. Its gems are rubies, garnet bloodstone, red jasper, black tourmaline, smoky quartz. The foods are proteins, red fruits, and veggies. The qualities/lessons are matters relating to the material world, success, grounding, individuality, stability, security stillness, health, courage, and patience. The negative qualities are self-centered, insecurity, violence, greed, anger. Overly concerned with one’s physical survival, the tension in the spine, and constipation.
- NAVEL CHAKRA – This chakra is located in the lower abdomen in the navel area and its color is orange. Its functions are procreation, assimilation of food, physical force and vitality, and sexuality. The glands and organs it affects are the ovaries, prostate, testicles, genitals, spleen, womb, and bladder. The gems /minerals are carnelians, coral gold calcite, amber, citrine, gold topaz. The quality/lessons of this chakra are giving and receiving, emotions, desire pleasure, sexual/passionate love, change, movement, new ideas, health, family, tolerance, and surrender, and working harmoniously with others. The negative qualities are overindulgence in food and sex. Sexual difficulties, confusion, purposelessness, jealousy, envy, desire to possess, impotence, uterine or bladder problems.
- SOLAR PLEXIS CHAKRA – This chakra is located above the navel below the chest and its color is yellow. Its functions are it vitalizes the sympathetic nervous system, helps digestion, metabolism, and emotions. The glands and organs it affects are the pancreas, adrenals, stomach, liver, gallbladder, nervous system and muscles. The gems and minerals are citrines, gold topaz, amber, tiger eye, gold citrine, and gold. Foods to eat are starches yellow fruits and vegetables. Quality/lessons of this chakra are will, personal power, authority, energy, mastery of desire, self-control, radiance, warmth, awakening, transformation, humor, laughter, and immortality. The negative qualities are taking on more than one can utilize, too much emphasis on power and recognition, and anger, fear, hate, and digestive problems.
- HEART CHAKRA – The heart chakra is located in the center of the chest and its color is green. It functions are to anchor the life force from the Higher Self. It energizes the blood and physical body with the life force and blood circulation. The glands and organs this chakra effects are the heart, thyroid gland, circulatory system arms, hands, and lungs. The gems are emerald, green and pink tourmaline, malachite, green jade, green aventurine, kunzite, rose quartz, and ruby. Foods to eat are green fruits and vegetables. Qualities/ lessons of this chakra are divine and unconditional love, forgiveness, compassion, understanding, balance, oneness with life, acceptance, peace, openness, harmony, and contentment. Negative qualities are the regression of love, emotional stability, out of balance, heart and circulation problems.
- THROAT CHAKRA – This is located in the throat area and the color is sky blue. Its functions are speech, sound, vibration, and communication. Glands and organs affected are thyroid parathyroid, hypothalamus, throat, mouth. The gems are turquoise chrysocolla, celestite, blue topaz, lapis lazuli, aquamarine, azurite, and kyanite. Foods to eat are blue/purple fruits and vegetables. The qualities/lessons of the throat chakra are power of the spoken word, true communication, peace, truth, knowledge, wisdom, loyalty, honesty, reliability, gentleness, kindness, creative expression in speech, writing, and arts. The negative qualities are communication/ speech problems, knowledge used unwisely, ignorance, lack of discernment, depression and thyroid problems.
- BROW CHAKRA – This chakra is located in the middle of the forehead and its color is indigo (dark blue). Its function is to vitalize the lower brain. and certain nervous systems, and vision. The glands and organs it affects are, pituitary gland, left eye, nose, and ears. Gems and minerals are azurites, sodalite, quartz crystal, and sapphire. The foods to eat are blue/purple fruits and vegetables. Quality/lessons are soul realization, intuition, insight, imagination, clairvoyance, concentration, peace of mind, wisdom, devotion. The negative qualities are lack of concentration, fear, cynicism, tension, headaches, eye problems, and bad dreams.
- CROWN CHAKRA -The crown chakra is located on the top of the head and its color is violet. Its function is to vitalize the upper brain. The affected glands/organs are the pineal gland, cerebral cortex, central nervous system, right eye. The gems are amethyst, alexandrite, diamonds, purple fluorite, quartz crystal, selenite. This chakra is associated with fasting. Violet and purple fruits are foods to eat. Quality/lessons are the unification of higher self with human personality, spiritual will, inspiration, unity, drive, wisdom, and understanding, idealism, selfless service. The negative qualities are lack of inspiration,, confusion, depression, alienation, hesitation to serve, and senility.